Supporting pages against the myth that the Prius only lasts 109K miles (per CNW junk science), battery needs to be replaced every 3-5 years, 50K miles, etc., battery costs $10K, etc.
- 1 million km (~621K miles) Prius taxi that needed new battery at 700K km (~434K miles)
- 1.5 million km (~932K miles) 04 Prius taxi before it was retired (Andrew Grant's FB post and an article )
- 05 w/530K miles on HV original battery
- Motor Authority: Toyota Prius taxi tops 340,000mi, dispels battery myth
- 349K mile NHW11
- Idaho National Laboratory: Advanced Vehicle Test Activity- has Priuses and other Toyota hybrids that have been successfully taken to 160K miles on their original HV batteries
- Consumer Reports: Nine-year-old Prius retains its youth- NHW11 at 206K miles
- Consumer Reports: Second-generation Toyota Prius still reliable, efficient after 200,000 miles
- VIDEO: EcoTrans (four year old) Toyota Prius Reaches 300,000 Miles
- 2 fas 4 u at Priuschat at 465K miles, still on the original HV battery - At that point, he traded in his 465K mile 09 Prius for a 2012 Prius v wagon.
- 2 fas 4 u at Priuschat past 250K miles on his 2012 Prius v wagon - purchased January 2012. Unfortunately, replaced the engine at ~350K miles and later developed some expensive problems so at ~369K miles, he traded it in around December 2014. His replacement (2014 Prius v wagon) is at 180K miles as of mid-April 2016.
- PriusChat: 500,000km 2008 Prius taxi
- PriusChat: 600,000km Gen 2 Prius taxi
- PriusChat: 540K mile Gen 3 Prius
- Details of an 07 Prius at 302K miles
- Toyota Prius Taxi Cracks 550,000km
- Hybrid Battery Life: Good For The Long Haul?
- hybridcars.com: Taxis Show Hybrid Battery Durability
- Gen 1 Prius at 600K miles
Warranties/official Toyota statements:
- Toyota USA Newsroom: Our Point of View: Prius Battery Change is No Big Deal
- Toyota Hybrid Batteries Q&A - mentions 8 year/100K mile and 10 year/150K mile CARB HV battery warranty