Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Supporting pages against the myth that the Prius only lasts 109K miles (per CNW junk science), battery needs to be replaced every 3-5 years, 50K miles, etc., battery costs $10K, etc.
- 1 million km (~621K miles) Prius taxi that needed new battery at 700K km (~434K miles)
- 1.5 million km (~932K miles) 04 Prius taxi before it was retired (Andrew Grant's FB post and an article )
- 05 w/530K miles on HV original battery
- Motor Authority: Toyota Prius taxi tops 340,000mi, dispels battery myth
- 349K mile NHW11
- Idaho National Laboratory: Advanced Vehicle Test Activity- has Priuses and other Toyota hybrids that have been successfully taken to 160K miles on their original HV batteries
- Consumer Reports: Nine-year-old Prius retains its youth- NHW11 at 206K miles
- Consumer Reports: Second-generation Toyota Prius still reliable, efficient after 200,000 miles
- VIDEO: EcoTrans (four year old) Toyota Prius Reaches 300,000 Miles
- 2 fas 4 u at Priuschat at 465K miles, still on the original HV battery - At that point, he traded in his 465K mile 09 Prius for a 2012 Prius v wagon.
- 2 fas 4 u at Priuschat past 250K miles on his 2012 Prius v wagon - purchased January 2012. Unfortunately, replaced the engine at ~350K miles and later developed some expensive problems so at ~369K miles, he traded it in around December 2014. His replacement (2014 Prius v wagon) is at 250K miles as of early November 2016.
- PriusChat: 500,000km 2008 Prius taxi
- PriusChat: 600,000km Gen 2 Prius taxi
- PriusChat: 540K mile Gen 3 Prius
- Details of an 07 Prius at 302K miles
- Toyota Prius Taxi Cracks 550,000km
- Hybrid Battery Life: Good For The Long Haul?
- hybridcars.com: Taxis Show Hybrid Battery Durability
- Gen 1 Prius at 600K miles
Warranties/official Toyota statements:
- Toyota USA Newsroom: Our Point of View: Prius Battery Change is No Big Deal
- Toyota Hybrid Batteries Q&A - mentions 8 year/100K mile and 10 year/150K mile CARB HV battery warranty